Saturday, August 11, 2007

Opal got a life.and I give a damn

Recently I happend to read the well known book (for wrong reasons though) How Opal Mehta Got Kissed,Got Wild and Got a Life.
First Impression, a very filmy book where the protagonist is good at everything and even if shez wrong it only turns to her advantage.I felt as though I was reading the writers innermost desires of being someone like the lead in the book at some time in her life. But it was too much of a drag considering that the book was too superficial and the characterisation was totally silly esp the parents of Opal.
I felt the book had many similarities to the Lindsay Lohan starrer Mean Girls,and the book had nothing great to offer but for the incessant thoughts like 'hey this is from that movie..or this is from that book'.
Bottom line..U can skip this book and miss nothing.

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Webtalks